Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Week 3 Workout 2

Instead of posting everything I ate today because it's become routine, I'll just say I ate the same thing as yesterday, the same meals even, just off by an hour or two. My sense of taste isn't great, and I can eat the same thing day in day out for quite a while before needing a change.

The workout today wasn't as bad as I expected, but still tough. The weight vest made things a bit more challenging, and you can believe that my legs burned after each relevant set. The running, as always, was the worst. I really LOATHE running, but let's face it, I DESPISE being fat, and in vocabulary, loathe is less bad than despise. So, I ran. 3 minutes warmup, 6 sets of 1 minute hard 1 minute easy, and 2 minutes cooldown. The first three sets I did at 7.5 mph and 3.2mph, the last two at 6.5 and 2.5. I was pretty beat, my legs feeling a little rubbery, and I didn't feel like face planting into the treadmill. I was definitely sucking eggs by the 4 set though.


In other relevant news, I finally saw progress today. Since the last three weeks were 190 lbs, I was extremely frustrated. I was and am committed to sticking the program out, because at the worst I'd be in better shape if still having a gut. I'm pretty ecstatic about seeing that one pound drop though. For the time, it's instilled a new hope in me that should help me keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment