Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Week 2 Workout 2

Tuesdays and Thursdays I have class starting at 8am. I had set my alarm for 6:30, stupid early by my standards since I slept until 9am most days this summer. I ended up feeling rested at 4am, then went back to sleep and back awake at 6:30am. So, I feel pretty tired today. On top of this, my classes go until 6:30pm tonight, so I should get home about 7, get the workout done by 8, maybe homework done by 9, and a little bit of my video game in for another 1-2 hours.

I started the day out with 2 eggs and toast. I packed a PB and J sandwich and orange for lunch, with almonds as the snack before and after lunch. I'm pretty unclear what dinner will be since my last today is from 3:30-6:30pm. Quite. Long.

So far, total calories consumed is this: 330 + 160 + 350 + 160 = 680 + 320 = 1000.

*****

Today was workout A of the weekely workouts, week 2 being BABC. Until I get the workouts posted somewhere more useful, workout A can viewed here.

I got home a little earlier than expected, so I got the workout done by about 7:40. Workout A was a bit easy today, so the next time I do it I'll have to increase reps. It took me about 30 minutes to complete the workout. Worst case though, it got my heart rate up, and that's always a good thing for exercise!
 

As for dinner, that was just after the workout. A chicken breast, two eggs, and a can of young peas with a 20oz bottle of orange juice! I was famished, and it was delicious. total calories from that is 180 + 160 + 240 (can of peas was 240, why?!?!?!) = 580. Add the orange juice, and lets call it an even 700. Total for the day then 1700. Armed with my newfound knowledge of protein absorption rates of various sources however, we can easily discount 170 calories as pure waste, not going to muscle or fat. I'll justify the orange juice with the fact that one is allowed in the diet per day, and I'll justify the can of veggies with the fact that the daily dose of veggies is supposed to be a "heaping portion" to accompany the protein portion, so as to fill you up and be good for you while not being waste sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment