Tuesday, September 20, 2011

End of Week 5, Week 6 Workout 1

Things have been a bit busy for me lately. I'll admit that exercise isn't the highest priority on my list, but if I have time for it, I'll do when I'm supposed to. That said, I didn't find the time Sunday to do the end of week workout.

I ended up replacing workout 1 of week 6 with the end of week workout for week 5: the bodyweight 350.
The workout was pretty intense for me at my current fitness level. Here's what I can recall of the workout: 40 squats, 40 pushups, 80 step ups, 80 lunges, 40 close grip pushups, another 40 squats, 10 chinups replaced by wall-pushoffs, 20 jumps, 15 chinup replaced by more wall-push-offs.

I was pretty beat at the end of it. Heck, I was beat halfway through. I had to take short breaks between exercises as I getting so tired that I literally the break. I managed to finish the whole workout in 33 minutes, and I think that the workout would have taken me 27 minutes had I not needed any breaks.

My current diet hasn't allowed to me lose weight, as previously stated. 6 weeks in, still no weight loss. After getting some extremely appreciated advice, I'm pretty much changing my diet. Peas and corn are out, beans and green beans are in. Bread is pretty much done altogether. Given the amount of salt I sweated out yesterday, I'm going to need bananas...but otherwise it's Atkins for me as much as I can manage.

That means all protein. Since the diet isn't actually Atkins it goes by some other name, but essentially it's carb starvation, right?

With 3 weeks left of the plan, we'll see what kind of progress we make at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment