Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hitting the Reset Button

I'm starting over with the weight loss thing. Not deleting the blog, just trying again. For the last week I've been pretty good about my eating. Weekends feel impossible since I work at a sugar factory known as a bakery, but during the week, my meals have been simple and sugar free.

Protein. Sometimes a salad. ZERO soda.

Most of my meals have been a Chicken Pattie in a salad, Chicken Pattie with eggs, Beef, salad, etc. Snacks have mostly been fruit with the occasional PB sandwich. Drinking wise, I'm completely off the diet pepsi, which I drank like water, and am now drinking flavored water. I'm not completely carb free, but I'm hitting about 10-20 grams of carbs a day.
 
Still, I'm eating a lot. I've got to get past these hunger cravings to start, no doubt brought on by sugar withdrawals. I think another week without sugar should do the trick, hopefully, and then it'll be easier to eat less and start losing weight. If it isn't, I'm just going to keep plugging away at it. Right now, it's like I need to eat every 2-3 hours, so I stuff myself with a salad between main meals.

Shopping has become a much bigger pain. I went to the gas station for ice a few days ago, and they have these delicious 500 calories ice cream sandwiches for sale. I stared at it for a good 30 seconds before managing to pull away and not buy it. 
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 sandwich (142g)
Servings Per Container 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 460 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Values**
Total Fat 23g 35%
Saturated Fat 11g 55%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 55mg 18%
Sodium 290mg 12%
Potassium 150mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 60g 20%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 40g
Protein 6g 12%
Vitamin A 0% 
Vitamin C 0% 
Calcium 0% 
Iron 0% 
*Contains less than 2% of these values
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
 
Calories:
2,000
2,500
Total Fat
Less than
65g
80g
Saturated Fat
Less than
20g
25g
Cholesterol
Less than
300mg
300mg
Sodium
Less than
2,400mg
2,400mg
Potassium

3,500mg
3,500mg
Total Carbohydrate

300g
375g
Dietary Fiber

25g
30g
Protein

50g
65g


I can't believe 300g of carbs is the recommended diet for anyone. They must be intentionally trying to fatten people up. That is literally the only thing I can think. 
 
Just yesterday I went to a grocery store to buy milk and salad and the flavored water, and I happened by the pop-tart aisle...and I all but drooled over them for 2 minutes before tearing myself away. I had to pass the candy aisles, the chip aisle, and the ice cream aisle twice to get my chicken patties before checking out.


I haven't really lost any weight yet. I haven't even established my normal yet, as I'm still waiting for all the soda's sodium to leave the party. Also, eating all the time doesn't help with that, but at least I'm not scarfing sugary items down. Plus my weight machine doesn't quite work. It makes hand-wavy guess about my weight, so I have to check 3 times and come out with an average. My guess is that I've lost about a pound since changing my diet.
 
So, anyways, just wanted to write this little update. I don't plan on writing daily...maybe weekly will work best.

No comments:

Post a Comment